Our Aims and Objectives
- We aim to promote dignity and respect the privacy and independence of our patients.
- To provide appropriate opportunities, encouragement and support to our patients and those who use our services in relation to promote their autonomy, independence and community involvement.
- We will ensure patients have the chance to make appropriate choices regarding their care, treatment and support.
- We will respect a patient’s human rights and diversity and promote welfare. How we will do this would be regular meetings with various outside agencies, involving district nursing teams, health visitors, and midwife and school nurses.
- We will discuss the most appropriate referral pathway amongst the clinicians to establish the best course of ongoing treatment.
- There will be regular multi-disciplinary meetings to discuss child protection and vulnerable adults in practice. We also comply fully with the gold standards framework for our palliative patients.
- Ensure our staff receive appropriate training and there are systems in place to keep this up to date.