Why Do We Need To Move
- No room for expansion in the current building
- The surgery was purpose built in the 1960s and is no longer fit for purpose
- We are operating at 50% less space capacity than we should be
- The surgery is not cost effective and is not smart energy efficient!
- Unable to increase workforce, offer new services and/or support the community with new initiatives.
- Poor accessibility no lift/parking
Options Available To Us
The partners of the surgery will be funding this project with no grants/help. We contract to the NHS and we therefore receive rent from the NHS for our building. Therefore, we have been researching the local area for a cost effective solution.
Land in this area is very expensive and needs specific planning permission for the healthcare provision. We have been communicating with Tewkesbury Borough Council, Hucclecote Parish Council, patient participation groups, Gloucestershire Clinical Commisioning Group and local landowners.
A site has not yet been finalised, but the new premises have:
- Room for future expansion
- Is purpose built
- Both surgeries are training practices for the next generation of GPs, this new surgery will be a great resource for future GPs to train in.
- Up to date facilities, ensuring we are able to offer better/more service.
The site will house two surgeries, Brockworth Surgery and Hucclecote Surgery. The surgeries are not merging, but remaining two separate practices.
We shall share some resources to ensure this new building is cost effective and operated efficiently, which in turn will mean better services to our patients.
The new surgery will hopefully be on a direct bus route with local parking very near by.