Data Sharing and Confidentiality
Every effort is made to protect the confidentiality of every patient, and staff may refuse to release information, particularly on the telephone or to a relative.
There are times when we have to pass on information about you to other organisations e.g hospitals, social services, or Gloucestershire Primary Care Trusts. This is always done confidentially, or by removing your identifying details when they are not essential.
Everyone working within the NHS has a legal duty to maintain the highest level of confidentiality relating to patient information.
You are free to refuse to give permission for us to pass on your details. If you wish to refuse permission, please inform us and your record will be marked accordingly.
The practice is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This protects data held on the computer system and you are able view your own personal data.
- View our Privacy Notice
- View the Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Fair Processing Notice
- View the General Data Protection policy
Confidential patient information may also be used to plan and improve health & care services and also research and develop cures for serious illness. If you don’t want your confidential patient information to be used for research and planning, you can opt out of this. Your confidential patient information will still be used to support your individual care.
To record your national opt out, please visit: www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters. Your GP practice cannot do this for you.
As part of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), patients have a right to access their health records. You can have access to your records by one of the following methods:
- Online Access – We advise this option as you can simply log-in online and view your up-to-date record at any time you wish and can share it with whoever you wish too. By having online access to your record, you can also take advantage of being able to request your repeat medication and booking appointments too.
- Emailed Report – We can email your health records to you. This enables you to view your record and is also an eco-friendly and cost effective method.
- Printed Report – We can also print your health record for you. This option however is not eco-friendly and is also costly to the practice. We therefore request that you choose one of the other options above.
If you would like to access your health records, please download and complete the firstname.lastname@example.org.